Easy Valentine Gift For Kids Tootsie Roll Banks are super cute and take about ten minutes to make!
You can buy Tootsie Roll banks at the dollar tree or order online in bulk. These would make super cute classroom valentines. Imagine every child in the class getting their own special bank.
Teachers, if you're looking for a cute idea that doesn't take long this one is for you.
You could create classroom awards that serve a dual purpose!
I originally created this Easy Valentine Gift For Kids Tootsie Roll Bank for my grandchildren and filled it with fun stuff (besides Tootsie Rolls). They absolutely loved them.
I had so much fun with this that I started creating them for every holiday. Check out our DIY Bunny Bank Easter Basket Filler here.
In March I gave the kids these St. Patrick's Day Tootsie Roll banks with gold coins in them!
The possibilities are endless with this DIY Valentine gift for kids. You can customize it any way you like!
Valentine's day cards for kids are cute but they just end up in the trash. This bank won't meet the same terrible fate!
Cute Filler Ideas:
- Students can customize each can based on what the student receiving them likes. Or you could do simple boy/girl cans with whatever is popular at the moment.
- If you choose to print a design on paper instead of using scrapbook paper simply search for your design idea + transparent background for a great design.
- Have your kids make one of these for their teacher and include sweet notes for her to read on tiny strips of paper!
- Add tiny bubbles, slappy hands, tiny notebooks, slime, and other trinkets if you want to give non-candy valentines.
Easy Valentine Gift For Kids Tootsie Roll Bank:
- Valentine's Day Scrapbook Paper
- Valentine's Day Themed Stamps-
- Packing Tape (to seal)
- Valentine's Day Treats (candy, erasers, pencils, toys)
Valentine's Day Custom Tootsie Roll Bank Instructions:
Step 1: Cut your scrapbook paper to fit the can and make two border strips (one for the top and one for the bottom)
Step 2: Stamp your designs and colored them with your colored pencils.
Step 3: Attach your frames and cut-outs to the can.
Step 4: Cover the entire bank with packing tape and trim.
Step 5: Fill the banks with your goodies and watch the kids squeal with delight!
Here is a cute "music-themed" V-day craft Love Day Tootsie Roll Bank.
This Valentine's Day Tootsie Roll bank craft was the first of many tootsie roll crafts, and I plan to make them for as long as I can.
I have nine grandchildren, and the youngest is only three months old, so I think I will have many years to get as creative as possible with this simple craft gift!
If you make one of your own, please email us or share it on our Facebook page so we can share it with our readers!