Today we are going to look at a simple craft to help keep kids sane on that super long road trip!
This is an excellent craft for the car because it doesn't require many supplies, and it serves a purpose! It's a simple craft box. It can be used to hold souvenirs; photo's from your trip, postcards, and anything else you pick up along the way (I have a rock collector).
Items You Need:
- Box with a lid
- Construction Paper
- Crayons & Colored Pencils
- Foam Stickies, Stencils, Stickers (If you choose a state-themed box it might be helpful to pick up some state stickers from your local craft store)
- Glue Stick
- Safety Scissors
- Plastic grocery bag (this craft will produce trash, so go ahead and hook the plastic bag to the armrest).
- Sandwich Bags and a shoe box to carry these supplies.
- Travel Guides for the state(s) your visiting.
Step 1: Have your child cut out all of the places they would like to visit and things they would like to do and see while on vacation. Give them a sandwich bag to keep these in while they work.
Step 2: Use the glue stick to cover the entire area of the box (one section at a time) with glue.
Step 3: Place each picture on the box, gluing the back of each one as you place them.
Step 4: Create a nameplate using construction paper, crayons, and stickers.
Step 5: Fill the box with all of your travel treasures.
This is a super simple craft that can keep your child entertained for hours (depending on how small his/her pictures are). I like to reserve the bottom of the box for actual photo's of our trip (we decoupage them on).
Open & Honest: This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias